Skip to main content

Fam Bam farewell...

Guess what today is?

Yep! You guessed it! The day has finally come for me to fly home! Yay! I can not contain my excitement! China has become my home in these last 18 months that I've lived there and I can't wait to get home, and be amongst the kids, Zai and other loved ones at SFCV.

Although China is my current home, Chicago will always be my home-home. I know that may not make much sense to most of you; however for those of you who have lived in 2 places or have served in other parts of the world, then you should know what I'm talking about. I've mentioned this intense feeling before, it's a feeling of having my heart in two places at the exact same time, loving where you're at yet still longing to be in that other place as well. It's complicated, yes, but good. It's a reminder to me that I'm loved and desired in 2 places by people who love and care for me immensely. It's always hard to leave Chicago or China (which ever in the scenario) but it's always a good feeling to travel home. Today, my travels lead me to my eastern home - and let me just tell you I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement!

In preparation to head back to China, I spent the weekend with my family - catching up, celebrating and soaking in all their love. It was a spectacular weekend! I'm so blessed and honored to have the amazing family that God has given me. We've been through everything together and I'm grateful to have them by my side as I live out this incredible call and mission that God has blessed me with.

In addition to soaking up precious moments with some of my favorite people, it was also a bittersweet time, as it always is. Living overseas comes with it's sacrifices and some days it's hard to be away: knowing that the little nieces and nephews I'm leaving behind, won't be so little when I return to Chicago next time; knowing that I will miss weddings and births of people I love dearly; missing birthdays, anniversaries, and other family functions... - it's hard and some days I struggle. I've been gifted with a very tightly knit family and living overseas can sometimes make one feel as if they're not apart of that any more. Yes, I know that's all rubbish, but as a human sometimes my emotions get the better of me. Despite knowing the sacrifices that I will have to make in order to stay in China, I find them well worth the costs. I know I say this a lot, but I get to work the world's greatest job, with some of the greatest kids on the planet! How amazing is that?! I'm truly blessed to do what I do, where I do it.

Although this weekend was spent saying "See ya later" and "I'll miss you!" to my dearest loved ones, I'm overjoyed and thrilled to be going back to the kiddos that I said those exact words to over 9 weeks ago! I'm grateful for my amazing family here in Chicago, as well as, my incredible family at SFCV!

I love you guys!
So, yes, 再见 (Zàijiàn)..and just think, my next post will be from China! Yahoo! ;)



My Cousin Melissa's Baby Shower! Can't wait to meet this new addition to our family! 





Farewell Family Dinner!  
(aren't they the cutest nieces and nephews?! It's ok to be a little jealous! haha)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sid: "HellooooOO!"

Hi! I'm Sid! Good Morning to all of you in the west and Good Night to all of you on my half of the world! I can't wait to tell you all about this awesome kid named, Sid. Kid named, Sid! haha, it rhymes! LOL :) Sid is awesome you're all going to love him, I just know it! Sid came to SFCV, not that long ago from a city in inner Mongolia (North China) called, Baotou. He has called SFCV home for almost 3 years, and boy are we happy to have him here! He's a ray of sunshine and can bring a smile to anyone's face. I chose to write my first advocacy blog about Sid for two reasons: 1. He's awesome and everyone should know about him and all that he can do, plus he needs a forever family...soon! and 2. On June 1st, Sid will turn 12 years old. That means he only has 2 more years to find a forever family. In China once a child turns 14years old they can no longer be adopted. This is heartbreaking. A lot of kids with special needs that age out of the adoption system

Ni hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!!

Ni Hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!     It's hard to believe that I have already been here for 1 whole month! Some mornings I wake up and and feel like I'm still dreaming, I'm so blessed to have this life be my reality. I would like to thank each and every person who has loved me, prayed for me and helped to support me. You have no idea how blessed I am by your faithfulness and God's goodness! Thank you! My arrival at Shepherd's Field on October 1st was ideal, I unknowingly came during October Holiday,which is a week long celebration of Chinese Independence, during this holiday all of our children are out of school and there is no work for local or foreign staff. Arriving during Holiday was quite nice, since it allowed me time to adjust and settle into my new home, get over my jet lag, and really reconnect with other staff members. It was especially nice to reconnect with the therapy team that I had work so closely with over the summe

Miracle Child

Howdy! I'm so excited to share this post with you today! Let me start with this question, have you ever witnessed a miracle? Have you? I think a lot of people tend to think that miracles are these MASSIVE events that draw the awe and amazement of many or we think of the miracles that are written about in the Bible. Yes, those big miracles happen, people being raised from death to life, the seas being parted, etc. It's real and it all happened and was AWESOME ! But today for some reason, maybe because we're not looking, we don't tend to see those kinds of miracles. However, everyday  of our lives God is doing miracles. Living here at SFCV, I have the privilege of having a front row seat in watching God perform those miracles on our campus, within our organization and in the lives of our kids. Simeon is an everyday miracle. Simeon arrived at SFCV in 2012, when he was just a few months old. He was born with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. When He was just 3 months old