Skip to main content

Christmas in the Chi


Hey Gang!


I'm back! It's been a few weeks I know, but I have many photos and stories to tell of my trip home from China, family gatherings, Christmas, and more...so fasten your safety belts, it's going to be a wonderful ride! haha!
Well, as mentioned in my last post, I headed home from China on December 19th. Overall I had great flight (slept 10 of 13 hours), despite being delayed almost 2 hours. But the moral of the story is, I made it home safe and sound and excited to see my family! My awesome parents and sister picked me up from the airport and as tradition would have it, we headed straight to my brother Zeke's house to see him, my sister-in-law and their 3 adorable kids. It felt SOOOO good to be in the Chi once again and surrounded by my loved ones! Guys, I know I say this all the time, but I truly have the cutest nieces and nephews on the planet! It was a great first night back home: Gene and Jude's hotdogs for dinner, family and playing with the kids...what more could I ask for? Simply perfect!
  The next day, Sunday December 20th, our family headed over to my great-Aunt and Uncle's house for our annual ravioli making day, a tradition that's been in our family for over 17 years! On this annual day, my family gathers to make homemade ravioli (that we eat on Christmas eve), from dough to filling, to "forking" the ravi's- we do it all. Honestly, this is one of my favorite family traditions. Nothing better than awesome food, family and celebrating one's heritage! It's pretty amazing!
Meeting Liam Nathaniel!
  December 21, I attended a small Christmas gathering that was hosted by one of my dear friends. This was the first time that I had seen most of my girls and it was a wonderful reunion! Great food, conversation and friends. The night was just wonderful!
  Those of you that follow me here and on other social media outlets know that I'm one of several kids in my family and that several of my older siblings have begun having families of their own. I love being an Auntie! It's a special title I hold very near and dear to my heart. Well, December 22nd, Liam Nathaniel, joined the ever-expanding Preedin fam! Guys, HE'S SO FLIPPING ADORABLE! Son, to my brother Jake and sister-in-law Grace, Liam is the perfect little stud. I'm so in love with this kid and I'm so happy he's apart of our family!

Just two short days later, December 24: Christmas Eve, was upon us! As you may recall from earlier in this post, I mentioned that our fam got together to make homemade ravioli just a few days before. Well...Christmas Eve is the day we finally get to eat these scrumptious Ravioli! Yummmmm! No joke this is one of my absolute favorite meals of the year! It was a wonderful evening spent with family and friends. My absolute favorite part of the night was getting to facetime back home...and by home, yes, I mean China. Robert (one of the 8 year old boys in my therapy program) was meeting his forever family for the very first time via Skype and I got to watch their meeting via facetime. To say it was amazing is a HUGE understatement. I couldn't help but shed tears of joy as I watched Roberts face light up in joy and excitement! I was and still am SO VERY HAPPY for Robert and his new forever family! Honestly, being able to witness such miracles on a regular basis is an incredible testimony of God's love and faithfulness. I'm honored to witness such incredible events. I will say this, I am going to miss Robert very very much! Over these last several months, he and I have gotten rather close. He will always hold a special place in my heart! Yay for Robert and his Forever Family!

The next day, yup you guessed it -December 25, Christmas Day! I love Christmas so much! I mean, lets be honest, what's not to love? Family drawn near, delicious food, fun, laughter, and the wonder of Jesus' birth! It was a special day spent with the ones I love and hold most dear.
    Overall, my holidays were splendid! I couldn't have asked for them to have gone more perfectly or to have been spent with anyone else than my family!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year Celebration!


 Ravioli Day!








 FaceTimeing with Robert as he meets his Forever Family for the first time!


 More Christmas Eve Fun!



Christmas Day!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sid: "HellooooOO!"

Hi! I'm Sid! Good Morning to all of you in the west and Good Night to all of you on my half of the world! I can't wait to tell you all about this awesome kid named, Sid. Kid named, Sid! haha, it rhymes! LOL :) Sid is awesome you're all going to love him, I just know it! Sid came to SFCV, not that long ago from a city in inner Mongolia (North China) called, Baotou. He has called SFCV home for almost 3 years, and boy are we happy to have him here! He's a ray of sunshine and can bring a smile to anyone's face. I chose to write my first advocacy blog about Sid for two reasons: 1. He's awesome and everyone should know about him and all that he can do, plus he needs a forever family...soon! and 2. On June 1st, Sid will turn 12 years old. That means he only has 2 more years to find a forever family. In China once a child turns 14years old they can no longer be adopted. This is heartbreaking. A lot of kids with special needs that age out of the adoption system

Ni hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!!

Ni Hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!     It's hard to believe that I have already been here for 1 whole month! Some mornings I wake up and and feel like I'm still dreaming, I'm so blessed to have this life be my reality. I would like to thank each and every person who has loved me, prayed for me and helped to support me. You have no idea how blessed I am by your faithfulness and God's goodness! Thank you! My arrival at Shepherd's Field on October 1st was ideal, I unknowingly came during October Holiday,which is a week long celebration of Chinese Independence, during this holiday all of our children are out of school and there is no work for local or foreign staff. Arriving during Holiday was quite nice, since it allowed me time to adjust and settle into my new home, get over my jet lag, and really reconnect with other staff members. It was especially nice to reconnect with the therapy team that I had work so closely with over the summe

Miracle Child

Howdy! I'm so excited to share this post with you today! Let me start with this question, have you ever witnessed a miracle? Have you? I think a lot of people tend to think that miracles are these MASSIVE events that draw the awe and amazement of many or we think of the miracles that are written about in the Bible. Yes, those big miracles happen, people being raised from death to life, the seas being parted, etc. It's real and it all happened and was AWESOME ! But today for some reason, maybe because we're not looking, we don't tend to see those kinds of miracles. However, everyday  of our lives God is doing miracles. Living here at SFCV, I have the privilege of having a front row seat in watching God perform those miracles on our campus, within our organization and in the lives of our kids. Simeon is an everyday miracle. Simeon arrived at SFCV in 2012, when he was just a few months old. He was born with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. When He was just 3 months old