Skip to main content

Mulu and Me



Over the last 6 weeks, I’ve been blessed to have my best friend of 22 years here in China with me.  Kyrra and I go wayyyy back. We first met in the church nursery when we were just two years old and have stayed the best of friends ever since. If you know anything about us and our friendship, then you know that Kyrra and I are COMPLETE opposites.  We have different tastes in food, culture, fashion, music, humor, etc, yet somehow we never let those differences undermine the fundamentals and beauty of our friendship. I can say that Kyrra has been there for me through it all; every high, every low, every momentous occasion and every dumb decision, I’m so blessed to have a dear friend like her. Having her come here to SFCV and China was a dream come true. I finally got to share my passion and love for China with my best friend! So awesome!
Already having a love and passion for Asia, Kyrra and I both knew she’d fall in love with the kids, the country and the continent. I think I can say all of that definitely happened.  Watching Kyrra fall in love with the kids one-by-one and share the joy that comes with being here at SFCV only furthered my love and my passion for these kids and this place! I’m so blessed to be here and to have had Kyrra here as well.

Not only did we spend countless hours playing with the adorable kids here at Shep. Field, but we also got to do a lot the fun touristy things one would care too here in Beijing including: hiking the Great Wall, walking the Temple of Heaven, walking the streets of the Houhai district, visit 798 art district, walk the riverwalk in downtown Tianjin, we even got a trip to South Korea in (shhh! I’ll post about that later :]) and countless adventures in Beijing and Langfang. We had a blast! I think my top three days of having Kyr here were: September 18: Her birthday spent with the kids and then in the art district in Beijing; October 3: hiking the Great Wall on what might have been the most beautiful day ever; And September 27: My birthday spent in Tianjin along the river walk.  Now, of course that’s if I HAD to pick favorites! Haha
I’m so blessed and grateful that God provided the opportunity for Kyrra to come her and share in my love for China, Shepherd’s Field, and mostly the 68 kids we are caring for! We had such a great time, just check out these pics…they’re proof!


She fell in love with Anthony on day 1! :D

Kyr and Katy, she's a lemit ;)

Street Food at the Night Market, sooooo good!


Holland :)

Meeting Max!

Meeting Jason!
Celebrating her 24th at 798 art district, Beijing


ZEKEEEEE!

Baby Trevor!
Tianjin City riverwalk for my 24th


Hiking the Great Wall of China!



Temple of Heaven!
Fundraising in Beijing for SFCV!


Fall Costume party with Aubrey!


Houhai district, Beijing



Just a Selfie in Seoul, SK!









Saying Zai Jien at the airport :(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sid: "HellooooOO!"

Hi! I'm Sid! Good Morning to all of you in the west and Good Night to all of you on my half of the world! I can't wait to tell you all about this awesome kid named, Sid. Kid named, Sid! haha, it rhymes! LOL :) Sid is awesome you're all going to love him, I just know it! Sid came to SFCV, not that long ago from a city in inner Mongolia (North China) called, Baotou. He has called SFCV home for almost 3 years, and boy are we happy to have him here! He's a ray of sunshine and can bring a smile to anyone's face. I chose to write my first advocacy blog about Sid for two reasons: 1. He's awesome and everyone should know about him and all that he can do, plus he needs a forever family...soon! and 2. On June 1st, Sid will turn 12 years old. That means he only has 2 more years to find a forever family. In China once a child turns 14years old they can no longer be adopted. This is heartbreaking. A lot of kids with special needs that age out of the adoption system

Ni hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!!

Ni Hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!     It's hard to believe that I have already been here for 1 whole month! Some mornings I wake up and and feel like I'm still dreaming, I'm so blessed to have this life be my reality. I would like to thank each and every person who has loved me, prayed for me and helped to support me. You have no idea how blessed I am by your faithfulness and God's goodness! Thank you! My arrival at Shepherd's Field on October 1st was ideal, I unknowingly came during October Holiday,which is a week long celebration of Chinese Independence, during this holiday all of our children are out of school and there is no work for local or foreign staff. Arriving during Holiday was quite nice, since it allowed me time to adjust and settle into my new home, get over my jet lag, and really reconnect with other staff members. It was especially nice to reconnect with the therapy team that I had work so closely with over the summe

Miracle Child

Howdy! I'm so excited to share this post with you today! Let me start with this question, have you ever witnessed a miracle? Have you? I think a lot of people tend to think that miracles are these MASSIVE events that draw the awe and amazement of many or we think of the miracles that are written about in the Bible. Yes, those big miracles happen, people being raised from death to life, the seas being parted, etc. It's real and it all happened and was AWESOME ! But today for some reason, maybe because we're not looking, we don't tend to see those kinds of miracles. However, everyday  of our lives God is doing miracles. Living here at SFCV, I have the privilege of having a front row seat in watching God perform those miracles on our campus, within our organization and in the lives of our kids. Simeon is an everyday miracle. Simeon arrived at SFCV in 2012, when he was just a few months old. He was born with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. When He was just 3 months old