Skip to main content

"Falling" in Love all over again...

Fall is here!

Of all the seasons that our dear Lord created, Fall has to be the best! All of creation is stunningly gorgeous in the fall. The air is crisp and clear, the sun is warm, the kids are just as cute as ever and change is in the air and yet His blessings are new every morning! With the seasons change, several new changes have come to the SFCV therapy program too: new hours, new space and new kids!
These last few weeks the therapy Ayi's and I have been working hard to clean up and clean out our current space by moving boxes of supplies, moving storage cabinets, moving unused supplies for our new space over to our room in the Vocational Center, cleaning toys, mats, and re-arranging our current space in the House of Promise. It's been a lot of hard work, but such good team building! We now have a re-freshed look on our old space, it's awesome! We've also extended our treatment hours so we can treat more kids! This is something that has been on my heart since I moved to SFCV a year ago, and now, we've done it! With this scheduling change we're now able to treat up to 42 kids, where 31 was our max before! This is so exciting! It's been an adventure in itself making all of these fall changes but overall the experience has helped me to grow in my Faith in Christ, as a leader and as a therapist; just another reason I love fall...God is so good! All of these changes have re-ignighted my fire and passion for my life and work here in China. I've fallen in love all over again with these kids, with my staff, with my co-workers and with China! I've been blessed beyond words that God has allowed me to live this life here in China! I'm awed by the beauty of His creation and His constant love. <3 He's awesome! Ya know what else is awesome? Our kids! haha take a look at these fall photos!

Fall Fun!





Kennedy standing without any help!Yahoo!
Maya is the coolest!

Fall Costume Party!




My favorite batman pumpkin!
They're just the cutest! Love these two!


Therapy Fall Clean up!
House of Promise BEFORE 
House of Promise BEFORE
So grateful for all their help!

Moving supplies over to the Vocational Center to be Stored
Xander even got in on the action! He helped us carry
supplies up to the 3rd floor!
Supplies for the new room, stored in the new room.
New therapy center to open spring 2016!







This AWESOME team of volunteers came and helped us move
 10+ storage cabinets from the House of Promise to the new VC!
So grateful for their hard work!!

House of Promise: AFTER!





Houhai district, Beijing








 Fall Fun with the Kiddos!
Zai is back and ready to help attack therapy! 
(Not literally...I just said it because it rhymes! Zai is a good girl and loves the kids!)






The duo from room 209! Love my partner in crime :)
Robert LOVES when he gets to play with Zai in therapy!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sid: "HellooooOO!"

Hi! I'm Sid! Good Morning to all of you in the west and Good Night to all of you on my half of the world! I can't wait to tell you all about this awesome kid named, Sid. Kid named, Sid! haha, it rhymes! LOL :) Sid is awesome you're all going to love him, I just know it! Sid came to SFCV, not that long ago from a city in inner Mongolia (North China) called, Baotou. He has called SFCV home for almost 3 years, and boy are we happy to have him here! He's a ray of sunshine and can bring a smile to anyone's face. I chose to write my first advocacy blog about Sid for two reasons: 1. He's awesome and everyone should know about him and all that he can do, plus he needs a forever family...soon! and 2. On June 1st, Sid will turn 12 years old. That means he only has 2 more years to find a forever family. In China once a child turns 14years old they can no longer be adopted. This is heartbreaking. A lot of kids with special needs that age out of the adoption system

Ni hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!!

Ni Hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!     It's hard to believe that I have already been here for 1 whole month! Some mornings I wake up and and feel like I'm still dreaming, I'm so blessed to have this life be my reality. I would like to thank each and every person who has loved me, prayed for me and helped to support me. You have no idea how blessed I am by your faithfulness and God's goodness! Thank you! My arrival at Shepherd's Field on October 1st was ideal, I unknowingly came during October Holiday,which is a week long celebration of Chinese Independence, during this holiday all of our children are out of school and there is no work for local or foreign staff. Arriving during Holiday was quite nice, since it allowed me time to adjust and settle into my new home, get over my jet lag, and really reconnect with other staff members. It was especially nice to reconnect with the therapy team that I had work so closely with over the summe

Miracle Child

Howdy! I'm so excited to share this post with you today! Let me start with this question, have you ever witnessed a miracle? Have you? I think a lot of people tend to think that miracles are these MASSIVE events that draw the awe and amazement of many or we think of the miracles that are written about in the Bible. Yes, those big miracles happen, people being raised from death to life, the seas being parted, etc. It's real and it all happened and was AWESOME ! But today for some reason, maybe because we're not looking, we don't tend to see those kinds of miracles. However, everyday  of our lives God is doing miracles. Living here at SFCV, I have the privilege of having a front row seat in watching God perform those miracles on our campus, within our organization and in the lives of our kids. Simeon is an everyday miracle. Simeon arrived at SFCV in 2012, when he was just a few months old. He was born with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. When He was just 3 months old