Skip to main content

Marching into Spring!

Wow, wow, wow! Spring has sprung, the dreary winter is over! Time is marching right on by and I can't believe how fast it's going. I'm excited to share a little update with all of you about what's been going on here at SFCV. God's on the move and it's  exciting to see Him at work and to be used by Him.

"We are all pencils in the hand of God"
~ Mother Teresa~

Therapy...
Lydia, Sid & Xander in Sign language
class with teacher Kelly in January 2015.
Back in December and January we had an intern named Kelly, come from the U.S. to teach sign language to some of our non-verbal and verbally challenged therapy kids. Kelly was awesome and laid a solid foundation of basic signs for our kids to learn and use on a daily basis. Having her here opened my eyes to our need for a speech development and speech therapy program. In the beginning of March, I took a huge leap of faith and decided to put my nose to the grind and develop a custom program for our kids. I'm still in the beginning research stages of this process and if I'm being honest, it's a little overwhelming. I have no educational or personal experience in speech therapy which is a bit daunting. However I'm so very grateful for this opportunity to learn and advance my knowledge for the betterment of our kids, because they're worth any challenge that may arise. I'm also deeply grateful to my friends and colleges in the field of Speech Pathology that have willingly volunteered their time and knowledge to teach and guide me on this new project. I know that it's going to be awesome and I'm so excited to see how it turns out. I will definitely keep you all updated!



Adrian...
In previous posts, I've talked about the complexity of adoption and the beauty that results from the hardships of this process. Working at an orphanage has allowed me to get up close and personal with the adoption process, and all that goes with it. I love seeing kids get adopted and finding their forever families - it's truly one of the most beautiful things on earth.  2 weeks ago I was able to watch as one of our kids was told that He would soon have a forever family of his own! Adrian is an 9 year old boy that came to live at SFCV when he was just 10 months old. He's a lively and adventurous boy with a gentle spirit. As I sat and watched Adrian flip through the pages of the photo album his forever family sent, I couldn't help but tear up. Adrian's face glowed and beamed with total exuberance! It never gets old - It's truly amazing! I'm so blessed that I got to witness this miracle.







Spring has Sprung!
It's finally spring here at SFCV! For the last week or so, the therapy team and I have spent our afternoons playing on the playground for our therapy sessions. It's so good to be out in the warmth of the sun and the beauty of creations with these adorable kids! Take a look :)

 

 





 

 

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sid: "HellooooOO!"

Hi! I'm Sid! Good Morning to all of you in the west and Good Night to all of you on my half of the world! I can't wait to tell you all about this awesome kid named, Sid. Kid named, Sid! haha, it rhymes! LOL :) Sid is awesome you're all going to love him, I just know it! Sid came to SFCV, not that long ago from a city in inner Mongolia (North China) called, Baotou. He has called SFCV home for almost 3 years, and boy are we happy to have him here! He's a ray of sunshine and can bring a smile to anyone's face. I chose to write my first advocacy blog about Sid for two reasons: 1. He's awesome and everyone should know about him and all that he can do, plus he needs a forever family...soon! and 2. On June 1st, Sid will turn 12 years old. That means he only has 2 more years to find a forever family. In China once a child turns 14years old they can no longer be adopted. This is heartbreaking. A lot of kids with special needs that age out of the adoption system

Ni hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!!

Ni Hao from Shepherd's Field Children's Village!     It's hard to believe that I have already been here for 1 whole month! Some mornings I wake up and and feel like I'm still dreaming, I'm so blessed to have this life be my reality. I would like to thank each and every person who has loved me, prayed for me and helped to support me. You have no idea how blessed I am by your faithfulness and God's goodness! Thank you! My arrival at Shepherd's Field on October 1st was ideal, I unknowingly came during October Holiday,which is a week long celebration of Chinese Independence, during this holiday all of our children are out of school and there is no work for local or foreign staff. Arriving during Holiday was quite nice, since it allowed me time to adjust and settle into my new home, get over my jet lag, and really reconnect with other staff members. It was especially nice to reconnect with the therapy team that I had work so closely with over the summe

Miracle Child

Howdy! I'm so excited to share this post with you today! Let me start with this question, have you ever witnessed a miracle? Have you? I think a lot of people tend to think that miracles are these MASSIVE events that draw the awe and amazement of many or we think of the miracles that are written about in the Bible. Yes, those big miracles happen, people being raised from death to life, the seas being parted, etc. It's real and it all happened and was AWESOME ! But today for some reason, maybe because we're not looking, we don't tend to see those kinds of miracles. However, everyday  of our lives God is doing miracles. Living here at SFCV, I have the privilege of having a front row seat in watching God perform those miracles on our campus, within our organization and in the lives of our kids. Simeon is an everyday miracle. Simeon arrived at SFCV in 2012, when he was just a few months old. He was born with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. When He was just 3 months old